Submissions open for 5 Canadian artists (3 French-speaking and 2 English-speaking) to showcase in Paris, France during Nuit Boréale 2016 on June 21st. Submissions are due by February 16, 2016.
Call for applications
Applications are now open for 5 Canadian artists (3 French-speaking and 2 English-speaking) to play Nuit Boréale 2016, which will be held June 21st on the Esplanade des Invalides in Paris, France in celebration French Music Day (Fête de la musique). The purpose of this initiative is to gather the French audience and provide our Canadian artists with an exceptional showcase opportunity in the heart of Paris.
This event attracts between 15,000 and 20,000 spectators annually, and will be broadcasted live on the internet. Thanks to this event held during the Fête de la musique, the chosen artists will benefit from wide media coverage all around France.
Sound Diplomacy will coordinate the selection of English-singing artists for this event.
The deadline for the submission of applications is Tuesday, February 16 2016.
- The artist must be Canadian ;
- Except otherwise, the artist must have released an album within the last 18 months before the event ;
- The artist must have a contract to develop its activity in France and be linked with at least one professional organisation renowned on the European market ;
- Ideally, the artist has an album already being distributed in France or planned to be distributed in France soon ;
- A press release of the artist on the French territory must be submitted ;
- The registration form enclosed must be submitted with the application ;
- The artist must be accompanied by an agent for the duration of the event.
The anglophone artists to be chosen may benefit from the financial support of FACTOR and other provincial programs, if eligible.
To submit your application:
Applicants must submit the following to email@example.com via email before Tuesday, February 16, 2016:
- completed registration form ;
- press release.
View the original English call for applications on the Nuit Boréale website. Please note that FACTOR is not administering this call for applications. You can direct questions to Sound Diplomacy.
Application information for French-language applicants can be found on the Nuit Boréale website. L’ADISQ coordonnera le comité artistique chargé de la sélection des artistes francophones qui participeront au concert. Si vous avez du questions, vous pouvez les demandez par courriel à firstname.lastname@example.org.