Further to the announcement on July 7 about Phase 2 of the COVID-19 Emergency Support Fund for Cultural, Heritage and Sport Organizations, comes the launch of Phase 2 – Part 2 targeting Canadian-owned recording studios, music video producers, record labels and music publishers that are not recipients of the CMF (Canada Music Fund). The total amount available for Phase 2 – Part 2 is $5 million.
The deadline to submit an application for funding under Phase 2 – Part 2 Wednesday, August 19, 2020.
Who can apply?
Canadian music entrepreneurs and organizations that do not normally receive funding from the CMF, and more specifically Canadian-owned:
- recording studios;
- music video producers;
- record labels (that are not recipients of the CMF);
- music publishers (that are not recipients of the CMF).
How can you use this funding?
The funds must be used to support the Canadian portion of eligible music-related activities (i.e. related to Canadian artists), specifically:
- Activities related to the production, promotion, and marketing of Canadian sound recordings; and
- Activities related to Canadian music publishing.
The funding will cover the following eligible expenses:
- Salaries and benefits, professional fees as well as artists’ fees.
- Administrative expenses.
- Fixed operational costs (rent, electricity, etc.) for a maximum of $10,000.
- Contractual or financial obligations related to touring or other canceled music events.
- Contractual or financial obligations arising from other music-related activities (deposits for studio fees, rehearsal spaces, etc.).
- COVID reopening materials (e.g. floor signage, masks, gloves, keypad covers, Plexiglas barriers for cashiers, etc.).
Should you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.