The application window for the Envelope Funding for Music Companies program opens today, December 10, 2020. The application window will be open for 7 weeks, with applications due on January 28, 2021, 5:00 pm ET. The program returns to its original design of a revenue and investment model, with some modifications in acknowledgment of the continued impact of COVID-19 on the music industry.
Applicants will be required to report on:
• Revenues from eligible activities related to Canadian artists during their past 3 fiscal years
• Investments in eligible activities related to Canadian artists from their most recently completed fiscal year
• Planned investments in eligible activities related to Canadian artists in the upcoming FACTOR fiscal year (April 1, 2021 – March 31, 2022).
Funds will be awarded competitively among eligible applicants depending on the available budget.
Eligible applicants will need to update their Applicant Profile in the FACTOR online system with proof of meeting program eligibility (Gross Revenue page, and Qualifying Criteria sections for Record Labels, Artist Managers, and Music Publishers as applicable).
Envelope Funding for Music Companies applications are created as a new project in the FACTOR online system. Current Envelope Funding recipients will be able to create a project application right away. New applicants will need to contact FACTOR for a designated rating to create an application.
If the majority of the company’s investments relate to French-language artists, applicants should submit their application to Musicaction. Applicants representing both French- and English-language artists whose proportion of production/marketing of French-language musical content is less than 50% can still submit their application to Musicaction if they typically submitted their application to them in the past.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact the Envelope Funding team at FACTOR:
• Megan Jones, Operations Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
• Derek Wilson, Senior Project Coordinator, Envelope Funding – email@example.com
• Amanda Lewis, Project Coordinator, Envelope Funding – firstname.lastname@example.org