The Annual Profile Review deadline is coming up on Friday, February 26, 2021. This is an important deadline for artists looking to increase their artist rating. During this review period, FACTOR assesses all artist profiles in the system and new ratings will go into effect on April 1, 2021.
Clients should log in to portal.factor.ca and verify that the information provided in their artist profile is accurate and up-to-date by 5:00 pm EST on February 26.
Only artist profiles with Additional Information are eligible for artist ratings above General Artist. This table provides an example of values submitted in each of the Additional Information sections that overall would result in a rating of Artist 3 or Artist 2 at the 2020-2021 Semi-Annual Review period. If your numbers across all Additional Information sections are comparable to the thresholds in the table you may want to update your Additional Information before the deadline.
If you are not looking to increase your rating or your numbers across all Additional Information criteria are not close to these thresholds it is not necessary to update your profile.
Check out the Artist Profile Additional Information Guide for a detailed look at each section.
IMPORTANT NOTES & REMINDERS:
DEMOGRAPHIC DATA COLLECTION:
- FACTOR encourages all clients to fill out the demographic questions in the portal. The information provided to us is confidential and gives us a better understanding of who is using our system and receiving funding. This information is used to consider notable trends when analyzing the impact of the funding, and in making decisions about program design and profile criteria.
- The Live Performance Calculator (Version 4.1) is mandatory for all clients reporting on live performance dates. Upload one calculator for performance dates in the past 36 months and future 6 months from April 1, 2021 (i.e. April 2018 – September 2021) to the main Live Performance page of the artist profile.
- FACTOR has extended the time period for eligible recognized dates to 36 months from the start of our new fiscal year (April 2021). This is to accommodate the current climate of the industry.
- FACTOR will recognize ticketed online events as live performance dates within the calculator.
- The Discography Sales Calculator (Version 4.0) is only mandatory for clients reporting on manufactured units and non-North American retail sales.
- Upload one calculator for the artist’s discography from the past five years only (releases from March 31, 2016, to April 1, 2021) to the main Discography page of the artist profile.
- North American physical and digital retail sales – Clients should enter their sales numbers for North American retail (i.e. anything captured by SoundScan), but they no longer need to upload proof of these specific sales to the artist profile. Note that most digital retailers (e.g. iTunes, Tunecore, Bandcamp) report to SoundScan, so you do not need to provide additional proof documentation for those sales.