The Annual Profile Review deadline is coming up on Friday February 28, 2020.
This is an important deadline for artists looking to maintain or increase their artist rating.
Following the review, ratings can increase or decrease, and all new ratings will go into effect on April 1, 2020.
Artist ratings are determined by comparing the Additional Information values provided across all the artist profiles in our system. The top-scoring artist profiles will be assigned a rating of Artist 3 or Artist 2 based on how many artists FACTOR can fund at that level.
Remember that FACTOR’s rating system is competitive. Some artists rated 2 or 3 may see their rating drop, while some artists rated General or Artist 2 will move up. You can view sample scores for Artists 2 and 3 from the last profile review deadline on our Profile & Ratings for Artists page. Remember that these values are not thresholds, and they shift after each deadline.
We highly recommend consulting the Artist Profile Additional Information Guide for a detailed look at each section.
IMPORTANT NOTES & REMINDERS:
DEMOGRAPHIC DATA COLLECTION:
– FACTOR encourages all clients to fill out the demographic questions on our portal. The information provided to us is confidential and allows us a better understanding of who is using our system and receiving funding. This information is used to consider notable trends when analyzing the impact of the funding, and in making decisions about program design and profile criteria.
– Clients should enter likes and followers numbers for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. These numbers are no longer pulled by FACTOR.
– Discography Sales Calculator (Version 4.0) is mandatory for all clients reporting on release sales. Upload one calculator for the artist’s discography from the past five years only (releases from March 1, 2015 to February 28, 2020) to the main Discography page.
– Clients should enter their sales numbers for North American retail (i.e. anything captured by SoundScan), but they no longer need to upload proof of these specific sales to the artist profile. Note that most digital retailers (e.g. iTunes, Tunecore, Bandcamp) report to SoundScan, so you do not need to provide additional proof documentation for those sales.
– The Live Performance Calculator (Version 4.0) is mandatory for all clients reporting on live performance dates. Upload one calculator for performance dates in the past 24 months and future 6 months from the February 28, 2020, deadline date (i.e. March 2018 – August 2020) to the main Live Performance page.