The Artist Development and Juried Sound Recording deadline is coming up on Thursday October 17, 2019, all applications must be submitted by 11:59pm PT.
Don’t stress yourself out by leaving it last minute! Plan ahead to leave enough time to update your bio, set your project goals, write your artist development activities, or prepare your Juried Sound Recording marketing plan.
If you have never applied to FACTOR before, you must first create and submit an Applicant Profile and an Artist Profile. Your profiles will automatically receive a provisional rating which allows you to start your project application right away.
To find out more about FACTOR profiles check our Profiles and Ratings for Artists page. You can refer to our Applicant Profile and Artist Profile tutorials to create your profiles.
Tips and Resources:
- Artist Development and Juried Sound Recording program guidelines provide an overview of important information you need to know before applying: program eligibility, program description, required application materials, assessment process, and eligible costs.
- Our Application Process page is a great guide to help you through the entire process.
- For the Artist Development program don’t forget to include all artist development activities in your artist development plan, which is incorporated into the application on the portal.
- For the Juried Sound Recording program you need to include a detailed marketing plan. You can use our Marketing Plan Guide as a reference.
- Don’t forget to use our Jury Assessment Preparation Guide! This guide covers the basics of the jury assessment process and offers some great tips on improving your application.
- If you still feel lost and unsure about the application process check our FAQ for Applicants page.
Keep in mind that you can reach out to your project coordinator with any questions up until 5:00pm ET on the deadline day!