Applications for the next Artist Development and Juried Sound Recording deadline will be accepted starting Wednesday, July 15, 2020.
We highly encourage clients to start working and submitting their applications as soon as the window opens on July 15.
Don’t wait till last minute to submit your application! Go to our portal to start your application.
Please note we made an important update to these programs. They now have separate deadlines.
Juried Sound Recording applications will be accepted no later than October 29, 2020 at 5:00pm ET.
Artist Development applications will be accepted no later than November 12, 2020 at 5:00pm ET.
If you have never applied to FACTOR before, you should first create and submit an Applicant Profile and an Artist Profile. Your profiles will automatically receive a provisional rating which allows you to start your project application.
To find out more about FACTOR profiles check our Profiles and Ratings for Artists page. You can refer to our Applicant Profile and Artist Profile tutorials to create your profiles. Also, check our How To Apply page for a step-by-step guide to applications.
- Applicants can only apply to one of the two juried programs (either AD or JSR).
- Applicants cannot apply to two deadlines in a row. If an applicant applied to the May 28, 2020 deadline, they cannot apply to either program at the October 29 or November 12, 2020 deadlines. Applicants will have to wait for their next eligible deadline (in this example, May 2021) to apply again. Think of it as “every other deadline”.
- There is one exception to the “every other deadline” rule. For each program, the top 20 applications that do not receive funding will be eligible to make improvements to their applications and reapply for the next deadline without waiting a full 12 months. Clients will be notified when the jury results are communicated if they are eligible for this exception.
Tips and Resources:
- Artist Development and Juried Sound Recording program guidelines provide an overview of important information you need to know before applying: program eligibility, program description, required application materials, assessment process, and eligible costs.
- Our Application Process page is a great guide to help you through the entire process.
- Artist Development Application Questions and Juried Sound Recording Application Questions include all questions in an application for the AD and JSR programs.
- Check out our Jury Assessment Preparation Guide to make sure your application is ready for our jury.
- When submitting a new application to a juried program, you have the option of including additional material for the jury to review. This can include letters of support from members of your team, promotional photos, video links, press clippings and anything else you think could help bolster your application.
- For the Artist Development program don’t forget to include all artist development activities in your artist development plan, which is incorporated into the application on the portal.
- For the Juried Sound Recording program you need to include a detailed marketing plan. You can use our Marketing Plan Guide as a reference.
- Use our Pop-up blocker tutorial to make sure you can see our pop-up windows on the portal.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact your Project Coordinator.