The next Juried Sound Recording deadline is coming up on December 2, 2021, 5:00 p.m. ET.
The application window is now open as of Monday, October 18, 2021. We highly encourage clients to start working and submitting their applications as soon as the window opens.
Don’t wait until the last minute to submit your application! Go to our portal to start your application.
Please note we made some important updates to this program. You should carefully review the program guidelines for important information on eligibility.
Who Can Apply?
- Artists rated General and 2
- Record labels rated Approved, 2, 3 or 4 with an artist rated General or 2
- An artist should be able to demonstrate recent market success, engagement, and accelerating momentum in their career.
Not Eligible To Apply
- Artists may only apply to the Juried Sound Recording program once within a 12-month period.
- An artist may receive a maximum of three grants in the lifetime of the program.
If you have never applied to FACTOR before, you should first create and submit an Applicant Profile and an Artist Profile.
Note, once you create and fill out these profiles you must click on Request Review in order to submit them to our system. Your profiles will automatically receive a provisional rating which allows you to start your project application. At this point, you will be assigned to a specific Project Coordinator that will be your main contact at FACTOR going forward. This person can answer questions and help you through the logistics of the application process.
To find out more about FACTOR profiles check our Profiles and Ratings for Artists page. You can refer to our Applicant Profile and Artist Profile tutorials to create your profiles. Also, check our How To Apply page for a step-by-step guide to applications.
Check out some application resources below:
- The Juried Sound Recording program guidelines outline everything you need to know about the program before you apply: required application materials, who is eligible, how applications are assessed, and how payments are made.
- Juried Sound Recording Application Questions include all questions in an application for the JSR program.
- Check out our Jury Assessment Preparation Guide to make sure your application is ready for our jury.
- Our Application Process page is a great guide to help you through the entire process of creating and submitting a new project.
- When submitting a new application to a juried program, you have the option of including additional material for the jury to review. This can include letters of support from members of your team that you are working with, promotional photos, video links, press clippings, and anything else you think could help bolster your application.
- Use our Pop-up blocker tutorial to make sure you can see our pop-up windows on the portal.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact your Project Coordinator or reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.