The next Artist Development deadline is coming up on August 12, 2021, 5:00 p.m. ET.
The application window will be open on Monday, June 28, 2021. We highly encourage clients to start working and submitting their applications as soon as the window opens on June 28.
Don’t wait until the last minute to submit your application! Go to our portal to start your application.
Please note we made some important updates to this program. You should carefully review the program guidelines for important information on eligibility.
Who Can Apply?
- This program is intended to provide development support to emerging artists.
- Artists who have commercially released music no more than 3 years prior to the application deadline are eligible to apply.
- Artists with an established track record and ongoing market momentum should review the Juried Sound Recording program.
Not Eligible To Apply
- Artists are not eligible to apply if they have commercially released music more than 3 years prior to the application deadline. For example, if an artist released a track on a streaming service or a physical album for sale prior to August 12, 2018, they would not be eligible to apply for the August 12, 2021 deadline.
- Artists are not eligible to apply if the artist (or a label on the artist’s behalf) has received $10,000 or more from FACTOR in the past
- An artist who has been previously funded outside of the eligibility period via Artist Development as a solo artist or member of a different group and has now embarked on a solo career or changed their name does not qualify for the AD program, as they are considered previously funded.
- An artist may receive a maximum of two grants in the lifetime of the program.
If you have never applied to FACTOR before, you should first create and submit an Applicant Profile and an Artist Profile.
Note, once you create and fill out these profiles you must click on Request Review in order to submit them to our system. Your profiles will automatically receive a provisional rating which allows you to start your project application. At this point, you will be assigned to a specific Project Coordinator that will be your main contact at FACTOR going forward. This person can answer questions and help you through the logistics of the application process.
To find out more about FACTOR profiles check our Profiles and Ratings for Artists page. You can refer to our Applicant Profile and Artist Profile tutorials to create your profiles. Also, check our How To Apply page for a step-by-step guide to applications.
Check out some application resources below:
- The Artist Development program guidelines outline everything you need to know about the programs before you apply: required application materials, who is eligible, how applications are assessed, and how payments are made.
- Artist Development Application Questions include all questions in an application for the AD program.
- Check out our Jury Assessment Preparation Guide to make sure your application is ready for our jury.
- Our Application Process page is a great guide to help you through the entire process of creating and submitting a new project.
- When submitting a new application to a juried program, you have the option of including additional material for the jury to review. This can include letters of support from members of your team that you are working with, promotional photos, video links, press clippings, and anything else you think could help bolster your application.
- Don’t forget to include all artist development activities in your artist development plan, which is incorporated into the application on the portal.
- Use our Pop-up blocker tutorial to make sure you can see our pop-up windows on the portal.