Funding for National Service Organizations
Funding for National Service Organizations (NSO) aims to ensure that NSOs support Canadian music entrepreneurs to build a strong and competitive industry capable of contributing long-term to the Canadian musical experience, through a diverse range of compelling Canadian voices. The objective of this program is to increase the creation of and access to a diverse selection of Canadian music for audiences everywhere, by enhancing the ability of NSOs to compete in domestic and international markets.
Read the program guidelines.Download PDF
Components in this program
There are no components outside of the main funding component in this program.
- National Service Organizations
The deadline for activities taking place from April 1, 2023 – March 31, 2024 has passed and deadline for activities in fiscal 2024-2025 is to be announced.
Read FACTOR’s Glossary of Standard Terms and Business Policies.
Funding & Payments
Funding is up to 75% of eligible expenses for up to a maximum of $650,000 per fiscal year.
Applicants are to submit a Business Plan for year-long activities with clear objectives and measurable results that meet program objectives. Please refer to the program guidelines for which elements to include in your business plan.
FACTOR will evaluate all eligible applications using the following criteria:
- • the degree to which the proposed activities in your business plan contribute to the strategic priorities of your organization and meet the program objectives;
- • your organization’s capacity to implement the business plan within the allotted timeframe, e.g. experience, human and financial resources;
- • the degree to which the expected outcomes are measurable.
- • the impact of the project on the music community.